Featured Post

Monday, July 29, 2013

Conference, signings and authors, OH MY! RWA!




Okay, so conferences. Writing conferences in particular. I have to admit, I’m an addict. I simply love to go and be surrounded by other writers. Now you have to understand. At heart, I’m an introvert. I truly dislike large crowds in general. I much prefer to have friends over in small groups of four to six rather than thirty to forty. I’m more of a stay at home and chill on a Friday night kind of girl rather than go and hang out somewhere. BUT, when it comes to writers conferences, I turn into a different person! It’s really funny to me to morph into this very social person who loves to stay up late and talk WRITING. But there you have it. I can’t explain it other than to say God made me this way.

This week, July 17-21, I’m in Atlanta, GA at the RWA (Romance Writers of America) Conference. There are over 450 authors doing a literacy book signing, meaning the publishers donate ALL of the books and every penny from the sale of those donated books goes to benefit literacy. It’s an amazing event and one I was a part of two years ago in New York. (I didn’t sign up this year. L) Anyway, while RWA is not a Christian conference by any stretch of the imagination, there are still FABULOUS workshops offered and I ALWAYS meet new people. The networking and getting to know others is the most fun. I come away feeling like I’ve got about 600 new friends. LOL.



 



Here is a picture of the line of people waiting to get into the signing. Crazy, huh?







What about you? Do you enjoy conferences? Which ones do you recommend?




                   

No comments:

Post a Comment