Featured Post

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Truly a Sisterhood...

Today I sent off a final draft of new book proposal to my agent. I am excited, relieved and hopeful that it will sell, but I'm also very thankful.  Thankful for all of the many friends who have helped me over the years. For the friend who looked this proposal over and offered suggestions.  For all of those who offered support and advice. What would I have done without my friends over the years--and where would I be?

I remember many years ago--1991, I think, when my dear friend Judy asked me out of the blue if I'd like to write human interest stories for her regional magazine. Writing? I hadn't given it a thought since my last grad school paper ten years earlier.  But then she gave me their old computer, she and her very patient husband taught me how to use it, and a whole new world opened up.  It was fun!  Copy, paste, delete--what a joy after using a typewriter in college!   And then Judy introduced me to some excellent romance novels, and I became entranced with both the books, and the fun of dabbling with writing some fledgling fiction.  Later I discovered inspirational novels, and felt like I'd really come home.  When did you first discover inspirational fiction?

Over the years, I've made many writing friends whom I treasure, and have learned so much at conferences and workshops.  What a fascinating and fulfilling life this is, as a writer! Even after writing thirty books there always so much more to learn...as I just did this week from another dear friend and fellow author, Lyn Cote, who was able to see a lot of ways to strengthen the proposal I just sent off.

I guess I'm offering my thanks well before Thanksgiving this year, for everyone who has enriched my life--for the fellow authors, and the wonderful readers, too!

What things are you thankful for this fall?

1 comment: