Featured Post

Friday, December 13, 2013

Are you going to be watching?





Howdy, all. Dana Mentink here and I’m thrilled to announce that my Olympic themed book, Race for the Gold, debuts next month from Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense. I had a blast writing it, because I’ve been fascinated with speed skating since I watched Dan Jansen and Apolo Anton Ohno take the ice. Personally, I don’t like the cold, cannot skate to save my life, and I lack the coordination required to walk and chew gum at the same time. It leaves me in awe of those skaters who can whiz around the ice at nearly 40 miles per hour on 17 inch blades. While writing this book, I was fortunate to have input from Olympic hopeful, long track speed skater Sugar Todd. It was fascinating to hear her tidbits and watch her journey unfold while my protagonists did as well. The Olympic dream is so much more than a mere athletic contest. It is the collective story of hard work, sacrifice, integrity and struggle all rolled up into one shiny package. Will you be watching?

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be watching. I can't wait! The work and dedication it takes from those athletes is amazing to me.

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same say, Melanie. Such dedication is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete